Once in a while I come across a menu item worth sharing, and here’s a really good one! I discovered watermelon pizza, a delicious new dessert / snack! It’s easy to make and really good!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 large Watermelon
- ¼ cup Feta Cheese (low sodium, low fat, or both)
- ¼ cup chopped Fresh Mint
- 1 – 2 whole Kiwis
- 1 package Strawberries sliced
- Lemon or Lime juice
*Fruit may be conventional or organic depending on your preference and budget
- Slice Watermelon through the middle (slice serves as the “dough”)
- Slice Kiwi and top watermelon (think pepperoni)
- Slice strawberries and top watermelon (think additional pizza topping)
- Sprinkle Feta cheese and chopped Mint to taste
- Sprinkle Lime or Lemon juice to taste
- 1 wedge (1/16th of watermelon, 10.1oz) – 86
- ¼ cup Feta Cheese (reduced fat) – 70
- ¼ cup chopped Fresh Mint – 40
- 1 Kiwi whole – 42
- 1 cup sliced Strawberries – 53
- 1 oz Lemon / Lime juice – 8
This sweet snack definitely contains sugar, but it’s all natural, unrefined, and beats the hell out of a bag of candy. Everything in moderation my friends.
Thank you @CalorieKing® for the nutrition information!
For more information on smart snacking including carbohydrates and refined and unrefined sugars, check out my upcoming book, Lose Weight, Find Yourself: Six Steps to Having a Healthy Relationship with Food…Bite by Bite and Pound by Pound.
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook and Instagram! (Links on home page menu.)